Privacy and Security
This is the privacy notice of www.onespiritministers.ie. In this document, “we” or “us” refers to One Spirit Interfaith Ministers of Ireland Association.
This notice is to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It covers both information that could identify you and information that could not.
We are extremely concerned to protect your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our web site are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy is both specific and strict. It complies with the law in Ireland and with the laws of all jurisdictions of which we are aware. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us.
We regret if there are points below with which you are not happy. Your only recourse is to leave our web site immediately.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site. In common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor's IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit.
Here is a list of the information we collect from you, either through our web site or because you give it to us in some other way, and why it is necessary to collect it:
1. Basic identification and contact information
This information is used:
o to provide you with the services which you request;
o for verifying your identity for security purposes;
o for marketing our services and products;
o information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
2. Market place information
When we obtain information from you specifically to enable you to buy a service offered on our web site by some other person, we assume that in giving us your information, you are also giving us permission to pass it to the relevant person.
3. Your domain name and e-mail address
Email addresses will not be sold, rented or leased to 3rd parties. Emails may be sent to inform you of news of our services or offers by us, or our affiliates.
These are recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. We shall not under any circumstances divulge your e-mail address to any person who is not a volunteer, employee or contractor of ours and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically. This information is used:
• to correspond with you or deal with you as you expect.
• in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site;
• to send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
• to tell you about other of our services or services of sister web sites.
4. Information you post on our website
Information you send to us by posting to a forum or blog or in your advertisement is stored on our servers. We do not specifically use that information except to allow it to be read, but you will see in our terms and conditions that we reserve a right to use it in any way we decide.
5. Website usage information
Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website. Where registration is required, the visitor's email and a username will be stored on the server. The information is used to enhance the visitor's experience when using the website to display personalised content and possibly advertising.
You can block cookies via your browser settings but this may prevent you from accessing certain features of the website.
Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser that allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting the website. Cookies are used by most websites to record visitor preferences. Also they may be used to track your return visits to the website. They are widely used to make web sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like all sites, we use 3rd party tools to help us run the website. They are used not to track you but to track info like the visitors numbers on the site over a given period, to allow you to interact with the social-media widget and to allow us to login into this web based CMS (Content Management System).
You can manually disable cookies at any time – check your browser’s ‘Help’ to find out how. This will not affect your ability to view the site.
• to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you.
• to operate our content management system.
• to operate the online notification form – the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and deleted when you close your browser.
• to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
• to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
• to record that a user has viewed a webcast. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
• to record your activity during a web cast. For example, as to whether you have asked a question or provided an opinion by ticking a box. This information is retained so that we can serve your information to you when you return to the site. This cookie will record an anonymous ID for each user, but it will not use the information for any other purpose. This cookie will last for  days, when it will delete automatically.
• to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for  days.
• to enable you to watch videos we have placed on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode.
7. Sending a message to our support system
When you send a message, we collect the data you have given to us in that message in order to obtain confirmation that you are entitled to receive the information and to provide to you the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our organisation.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, fair procedures dictate that we give to that other person the information contained in your complaint. It is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and, if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
9. Third party content
If you complain about any of the content on our web site, we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel it may be justified, we shall remove it while we investigate. Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgement as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content which offends you. If we believe your complaint to be vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
10. Content you provide to us
If you provide information to us with a view to it being read, copied, downloaded or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with it. It is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might see your information. If it is available to the entire World, you have no control whatever as to how it is used.
11. Marketing information
With your permission we pass your email address and name to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful. You may opt out of this service at any time by instructing us by email OR phone via our contact page
12. Information we obtain from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we do receive data which is indirectly made up from your personal information, from software services. No such information is identifiable to you.
13. Affiliate information
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or a customer or client of ours. Such information is retained for business use only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect any affiliate to agree to reciprocate this policy. As an exception to this, we have the right to disclose your first name and URL of your affiliate connection to other affiliates and to any other person or organisation, on and off site. The reason is solely to enable us to mention winners and others whose performance as an affiliate is in some way outstanding.
14. Use of site by children
We do not market to children, nor do we sell products or services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use our site only with consent from a parent or guardian.
15. Disclosure to Government and their agencies.
Like everyone else we are subject to the law. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
16. Review / Update Your Information
At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us at the address below. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
17. Sale of your personal information
Except as specified above, we do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose any of your information to any person outside our business.
18. Data may be “processed” outside Ireland
Our web sites are hosted in Ireland. However, we are also affiliated to One Spirit Interfaith Foundation which is based in the UK. Further we may use outsourced services in countries outside the EU from time to time. Accordingly data obtained within Ireland may be “processed” outside Ireland and data obtained in any other country may be processed within or outside that country.
19. Compliance with the law
20. Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our web site, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
If you have subscribed to one of our services, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which were included in the email that you received.